A dynamic consulting firm, led by women, is on the lookout for a Product Manager who is exceptionally driven, seasoned, and enthusiastic. The ideal candidate will contribute their expertise in designing and implementing SaaS sustainability platforms. The firm's cutting-edge web application stands out in the industry, offering clients the capability to monitor and enhance building performance, ultimately aiding them in attaining their sustainability objectives.
Playing a pivotal role in advancing their mission, the Software Product Manager position involves spearheading the development, strategy, and lifecycle management of this sustainability product. This role requires collaboration with cross-functional teams (including Development, Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development, etc.) to ensure the product aligns with client objectives and achieves success in the marketplace.
Locations: Dallas, TX or McLean, VA; open to remote for the ideal candidate
Software Product Manager Responsibilities
- Drive and contribute towards the creation and implementation of software product strategy and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather requirements, prioritize features, and ensure timely delivery of software releases.
- Gather and analyze user feedback, market data, and industry trends to inform product improvements and innovation.
- Conduct research on competitive solutions and document strengths/weaknesses to execute and develop a competitive analysis
- Manage and contribute to documentation of requirements, epics, and user stories for new releases of our offerings.
- Proficiency with SDLC management tools such as Jira and/or Azure DevOps (Azure DevOps is used)
- Ensure the quality and performance of software product through rigorous testing, monitoring, and optimization.
- Work to support the Marketing and Business Development Team with technical content to better promote and position our product in the market
- Drive user adoption and awareness, assist in go-to-market strategies, product messaging, and marketing plans.
- Collect and document input from internal users, customers, and other stakeholders to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Execute and develop a competitive analysis through researching competitive solutions and documenting their relative strengths and weaknesses.
Software Product Manager Qualifications - Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a growth mindset seeking continuous improvement and supporting a culture of learning, growing, and improving as an individual, our team members, our business, and our client work.
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally to co-create successful outcomes.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities. Strong attention to detail in your work and work produced by more junior team members.
- Possess sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing landscape and client needs, handle multiple time-sensitive priorities, excel in a fast-paced environment, and ability to pivot and adjust priorities and approaches.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude. Ability to manage challenging interpersonal situations, including employee and client relationships.
- Strong written communication skills with a propensity to write in a clear, concise manner to convey points effectively, creatively, and with the appropriate tone and professionalism.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and build confidence with internal and external contacts, including public speaking.
- High degree of initiative, proactiveness, drive, enthusiasm, energy, and follow through.
Software Product Manager Preferred Experience
- 3+ years in a software product management role, with emphasis on leading cross-team collaboration, creative problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and success in launching products that drive growth and retention.
- Experience supporting sustainability, ESG, climate, energy and/or decarbonization programs or products.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to design product solutions that fit holistically into a customer's overall experience alongside cross-functional teams.
- Experience defining projects, driving requirements, writing functional specs and coordinating projects across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage competing priorities.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Maternity and parental leave
- Personal Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule
- Annual professional development fund
- Voting leave
- Financial Benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
- One-time home office bonus
Interested? Apply today!