As a senior civil engineer, you will manage the design and evaluate civil works for new solar plant development project. Beyond optimising the solar and drainage systems design, you will collaborate across departments and vendors to fulfil the technical and financial requirements of each project.
- Optimise design (max slopes, max cut depth, cut fill balance etc) as well as design drainage systems according to international and local criterias.
- Coordinate geotechnical testing (boring, sounding, seismic, pull-out tests, etc.) with external suppliers, internal team members and integration of test results with civil and PV design.
- Helios 3D, (or PV case) design for complex site evaluation and external engineering support management. This includes 3D civil engineering, coordinating site design with plant design, local permitting requirements.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to achieve the best market prices.
- Stakeholder management with partners including investment team, construction, project management, business, design.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 3-5 years professional experience in relevant roles in solar
- Proficiency with AutoCAD2D (AutoCAD_civil3D, Helios 3D or PV Case will be considered a plus)
- Must be able to communicate in English. Japanese ability a plus. Must have experience interacting
in a multi-lingual and multi-cultural environment.
- Based in Tokyo, Japan but moderate travel will be required to various project sites