Company Summary: This company is a rapidly growing renewable energy developer with $1 billion in projects completed to date and over $2 billion of projects expected to be completed over the next four years. Their projects have a positive impact on their host communities and upon the world in which we live.
Position Summary: The Senior Analyst, Project Finance role is a key contributor to the Project Finance team with an emphasis on financial analysis and closing activities associated with debt and tax equity financing. Responsibilities include modeling project economics and scenario testing, supporting creation of finance marketing materials, organizing, and managing due diligence, and contract negotiation support.
The Senior Analyst will lead financial valuation and participate in the structuring and negotiation of debt, tax equity and project equity financing, including the marketing of projects and the analysis of terms received. The Senior Analyst will support an efficient and well-run process which leads to the timely closing of construction debt, term debt and tax equity financing consistent with agreed term sheets. Quantitative / modeling, organization, communication, strategic thinking, and relationship development skills are critical to the role.
Location: N/A. Open to remote work.
The responsibilities of this role includes:
- Review and develop an in-depth understanding of different transaction structures and develop and review complex financial models for these structures
- Develop finance marketing materials, as well as support ongoing relationships with existing financial partners
- Organize and present information for financial partners performing due diligence on projects
- Assist in the review and negotiation of project finance contractual agreements, as well as track deliverables under such agreements
- Facilitate the internal flow of information between finance, development, legal and engineering teams during transaction execution
- Manage project appraisal process
- Work with Accounting team to prepare project construction sources and uses reports and cost segmentation analyses
- Analyze project economics and internally communicate financial model results
- Support other corporate objectives as needed
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Economics or other quantitative disciplines required
- MBA or CFA a significant plus
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Work experience in renewable energy, investment banking or other transactional finance highly preferred
- Prior analytical and renewable financial modeling experience is required
- Solid understanding of project finance concepts
- Strong quantitative aptitude with advanced Excel and modeling skills, including macro writing, and editing capabilities