TECHNICAL LEAD - SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
ABOUT THE POSITION
This firm is an employee owned surveying and civil engineering firm, that has been in the business for 66 years, because of their employees.
This firm are seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their Detroit Office. In this position, the Senior Design Engineer will lead the technical design for an interdisciplinary team of civil engineers, project planners, and CAD designers. This position reports directly to the Detroit Market Lead.
Candidates should be designers with a high technical competency experienced in mixed-use urban infill, sustainable design, and stormwater best management practices. The ideal candidate is passionate about the advancement of the City of Detroit, experienced with the unique requirements of design and permitting within an urban context, and demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field (preferred but not required)
- Michigan P.E. License, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Experience within the City of Detroit or similar urban context
- Local knowledge of the City of Detroit is greatly preferred
- Proficiency with civil engineering tools such as Civil 3D, SWMM, and Excel
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads a team in the preparation of project drawings, calculations, and specifications.
Prepares engineering analysis, design, calculations, and reports, site visits, permit application, construction assistance, and evaluates land use and zoning requirements.
Works with dynamic design teams including the City of Detroit, Detroit utilities, owners/developer, architects, landscape architects, engineering trades, and contractors.
Assists in the preparation of proposals and fee estimates for potential projects.
Represents the firm at networking events, conference, public meetings, and within the community
Provides mentorship and training for junior staff