Education - A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
Experience - Greater than 10 years with capabilities in below areas is preferred:
* In-depth understanding of PLC hardware/software platforms such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Modicon.
* In-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms such as ICONICS Genesis64, Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform, GE CIMPLICITY, GE iFIX, Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View, Schneider, and Siemens.
* In-depth understanding of DCS hardware/software platform such as Emerson DeltaV or similar.
* Familiarity with electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels, and associated NEC references desired.
* Experience with AutoCAD is also desired
* Experience leading a team of engineers/technicians to provide control system solutions
* Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
* Proven experience in managing, leading and guiding automation design and implementation projects in the Life Science industry
* Proven experience with all phases of automation projects including conceptual, basis of design, implementation, testing, start-up and commissioning of Process Control System (PCS), SCADA, and DCS in the Life Science industry
* Strong knowledge of S88 Batch
* Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements of the life science industry such as cGMP, 21 CFR Part 11, etc.
* Familiarity with GAMP5, System and Software Development Life Cycles methodologies, validation
* Strong knowledge of IT/OT networking
* Extensive knowledge of automation protocols such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Traditional I/O, Profibus, Ethernet I/P, OPC, Modbus TCP/IP, etc.
* Experience with relational database such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
* Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
* Professional references, preferably one from each of the following: a subordinate, a peer, and a manager.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.