Our client is a leading player in the renewable energy sector to develop offshore wind projects and they are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager for their offshore wind project based in Tokyo, Japan.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
As the Engineering Manager, you will be leading and coordinating all engineering activities across the development and construction of offshore wind farms in Japan.
- Manage the engineering activity throughout the offshore wind project lifecycle
- Support Head of Engineering in the day-to-day leadership of the technical project team in Japan
- Support the development team in successfully engaging with key stakeholders (including fisheries, residents, local and prefectural governments, etc.)
- Ensure that lessons learned from global OWF projects are transferred to local stakeholder needs and that these needs are well understood and, where reasonable, evaluated in the context of project design.
- Lead the definition of technical requirements and manage initial engineering work packages such as desktop studies, pre-FEED, FEED, etc.
- Maintain design integrity, compliance, and technical risk management per applicable regulations and technical standards.
- Contribute to supplier negotiations by concentrating on technical specifications.
- Offer assistance and/or take the lead in creating and overseeing technical project documentation, including interface registers, design bases, technical risk evaluation and mitigation registers, technical queries, etc.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
1. Degree qualification in the engineering discipline
2. Significant experience within an energy developer, utility, contractor, or a related field performing the role of engineering manager or technical management roles
3. At least 5 years of experience development and construction of large infrastructure projects (offshore wind, oil & gas, LNG, etc.)
4. Sound understanding of Japanese offshore wind market dynamics & market-specific requirements incl. local regulation impacting technical design parameters.
5. Native Japanese and business English is ideal, however open for non-Japanese speaking candidates to relocate to Japan! (Note that salary is on local package)
If you're ready for new challenges at one world's most exciting companies then apply now!