We have a current opportunity for a Offshore Wind T&I Package Lead on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
The Offshore Wind T&I Package Lead is a key role in the successful execution of offshore wind projects. The role primarily focuses on overseeing the Transportation and Installation activities related to offshore wind components, including substations, foundations, and cables. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in T&I operations within offshore wind projects and will play a crucial role in ensuring safe, efficient, and timely installation of components.
Project Planning and Coordination:
- Develop detailed T&I plans for offshore wind projects, considering the unique requirements of each component (substation, foundation, cable).
- Coordinate with various stakeholders including engineering teams, contractors, and project managers to ensure alignment on T&I schedules and requirements.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and experience in T&I methodologies, equipment, and best practices specific to offshore wind projects.
- Provide technical expertise in areas such as heavy lifting, piling, cable laying, and substation installation.
- Lead a team of T&I specialists and engineers, providing guidance, mentorship, and technical support.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality, and efficiency within the T&I team.
- Identify potential risks related to T&I activities and develop mitigation plans to address them.
- Monitor weather conditions, seabed conditions, and other environmental factors that could impact installation operations.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to ensure components are installed according to project specifications and industry standards.
- Conduct inspections and audits during and after installation processes.
- Collaborate with contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with project requirements and timelines.
- Evaluate contractor performance and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed records of T&I activities, including installation procedures, equipment specifications, and test results.
- Generate regular progress reports for project stakeholders, highlighting key achievements, challenges, and solutions.
- Stay updated with industry advancements and emerging technologies related to offshore wind T&I.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and cost reduction without compromising safety and quality standards.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in Transportation and Installation activities for offshore wind projects, with a focus on substations, foundations, and cables.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to addressing challenges.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, for coordinating with internal teams, contractors, and stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel and work in offshore environments as required.
- Experience in more than one area of offshore wind T&I, such as substation installation, foundation installation, or cable laying, is highly advantageous.
- Certification in project management (PMP) or relevant industry certifications.
- Familiarity with health, safety, and environmental regulations specific to offshore wind projects.
Don't hesitate to apply if interested!