Company Summary: This company is an infrastructure investments group, focused on investments along the entire value chain of energy and other industries that benefit from sustainability and energy transition trends. Their main focus areas include renewable power generation, battery storage, renewable and low-carbon fuels, electric transmission, thermal power, and midstream and downstream assets. The company has raised in excess of $3 billion of equity capital and has executed transactions totaling more than $9 billion in enterprise value. Currently, the company has approximately $7 billion in assets under management.
Position Summary: The Asset Management Associate will be responsible for supporting the asset management of the company's operating assets. The candidate will support energy management strategy and optimization, internal and external analysis and reporting, interacting with third party asset, energy and O&M managers and internal team members. The Associate will be responsible for developing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analysis.
Location: Greenwich, CT (hybrid - wfh Fridays)
The responsibilities of the Asset Management Associate include:
- Support energy strategy and optimization efforts including hedging and contracting, risk management activities and analysis of projected margins and sensitivity analysis.
- Support quarterly valuation of assets and quarterly investor updates.
- Maintain daily P&L and mark to market reporting tools and reports.
- Support internal review of asset performance, including key performance indicators.
- Support the annual asset budget process and compile budgets for internal reviews.
- Support financial reporting and contractual compliance for existing assets. Includes review and execution of various commercial agreements including offtake/revenue, loan agreements, O&M contracts and other operating agreements.
- Use proficient statistical and computer skills, including Excel or other data and energy management tools, to improve efficiency and provide business and commercial insights.
- Conduct market analysis supporting both existing and new opportunities. Support market analysis to facilitate analysis of investment opportunities.
- Evaluate asset optimization and due diligence opportunities with the company's investment team.
- Support investment team acquisition and development activities including due diligence, modeling and exit analysis/strategy.
The Asset Management Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field of study (technical discipline preferred).
- 1-3 or more years prior experience modeling complex energy projects
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, data mining and statistical skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Attention to detail and proactive
- General knowledge of the capacity and energy markets
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to apply!