LVI are proudly partnered with an industry leading and award winning multi-disciplinary forensic structural engineering firm. They pride themselves on delivering high quality, large loss complex engineering reports for a diverse scope of clientele. The company focuses the majority of their work around the mid- to high-rise commercial construction market and places company culture at the top of their agenda; ensuring their employees have full autonomy over their schedule, enable flexibility around the working-from-home model, and invest heavily in the education and training of their staff. Having grown year-on-year for the past thirty years, they are looking to capitalise on another successful year and grow their team out of Toronto and add talented and driven forensic engineers to their team.
- Perform forensic investigations related to storm damages, vehicle impacts, loss of life and structural collapse
- Review design and construction documents to determine root cause for failures related to pre-construction issues
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary construction consulting practices to ensure efficient and quality project delivery
- Consult with insurance carriers, and act as a representative for the firm with a number of nationwide clients
- Provide expert witness testimony as litigation support for a variety of claim types
- P.Eng licensed in Ontario
- Bachelors of Masters of Engineering degree from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent verbal and technical written communication skills
- Progressive experience in the design of concrete and steel structures
- Knowledge of building codes and computer engineering programs
- Organised, detail-oriented candidates who can multi-task and follow through
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Harry Pollock at LVI Associates on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!