Summary: A national IPP, focused on utility scale solar and storage projects across the United States, is looking to expand their team! My client has more than 5GW of solar and 10GWh of storage projects in their pipeline, and is looking to bring on a Senior Manager, to lead their Environmental & Permitting efforts. This individual will be responsible for leading discretionary land use and environmental permitting for renewable energy projects across the United States.
The Senior Manager, Environmental & Permitting will be responsible for:
- Manage and oversee the advancement of federal, state, and local permitting processes.
- Prepare and evaluate natural resource surveys, land use applications, environmental impact reports, and other technical reports needed.
- Understanding the practical implications of existing permits and propose permitting strategies.
- Working collaboratively with their Project Development, Origination, Engineering, Transmission/Interconnection, Capital Markets, and other necessary teams.
The Senior Manager, Environmental & Permitting should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology, ecology, geography, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing compliance and permitting issues in the United States.
- Demonstrated understanding of CEQA and NEPA needed.
- Experience obtaining discretionary landuse and natural resource permits.