A leading solar energy company, focused on the full spectrum of the project development cycle is looking to bring on a Senior Manager of Land Acquisition to focus on Energy Storage projects across the United States. This individual will focus on the execution of siting strategy for utility scale energy storage development, leading negotiation, securing land agreements, easements and managing all siting efforts from the initial landowner outreach to lease negotiations. This individual will report to the Director of Storage Development .
The Senior Manger of Land Acquisition will be responsible for...
- Managing relationships with landowners to result in long-term land agreement to utilize land for energy storage assets.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to develop land acquisition campaigns and negotiate contracts with landowners for participation in renewable energy projects.
- Negotiating and closing competitive land leases for renewable energy development with a comprehensive understanding of the terms and conditions of the Company's land agreements.
- Managing the site acquisition process.
- Managing deadlines, project objectives, project time-lines, and success criteria.
- Organizing and delivering presentations to landowners, explaining the risks and opportunities of battery energy storage systems.
- Collaborating with legal teams to deliver accurate, complete, and authenticated agreements.
- Working closely with Development Leads on priority tasks for projects, submitting a weekly status report to maintain up-to-date summaries of project activity.
- Preparing and executing the transition of ongoing site maintenance to the execution team
The qualifications for this role include…
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in urban land negotiation and acquisition.
- A strong legal understanding of applicable agreements and the ability to manage State & Local counsel on a regional basis.
- Experience working on all aspects of landowner negotiations, including title, project finance and permitting requirements.
- A demonstrated understanding of economic opportunities for standalone in deregulated and regulated markets.
- Proven ability to negotiate term sheets and lease agreements with landowners and investors.
- A strong desire to work in a fast, transaction-based environment with tight deadlines.