A major engineering and architectural consulting firm is looking to bring on a Senior Process Engineer to support their Decarbonization group within the Global Energy team. In this role, you will be responsible for working on project teams to work within the decarbonization space to work on project teams to support conceptual design projects, FEED studies, and detailed design/EPC projects. The main subject matter of these projects will involve decarbonization technologies like hydrogen production, hydrogen utilization (green, blue, pink, etc), carbon capture, direct air capture (DAC), long duration energy storage processes, and liquefied natural gas.
Location: Kansas City, MO, Chicago, IL, or Denver, CO
Senior Process Engineer Responsibilities
- Work with a project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting process plans accounting for budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Perform process design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: hydrogen production facilities, DAC facilities, power plants, LNG facilities, and other industrial facilities.
- Design process components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Apply strong knowledge of commonly used process engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the process engineering services industry.
- Research and compile project-related data
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD-related software.
- Build familiarity with technologies and OEMs in the decarbonization market.
- Compile information for client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of decarbonization facilities.
- Perform field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Senior Process Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program
- 7 years chemical engineering experience.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with leading the discipline design for large projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications.
- Ability to travel.
Senior Process Engineer Preferred Qualifications
- Strong process simulation software experience (i.e. AFT Fathom, Hysys, Aspen, HTRI)
- EPC project experience
- Experience in at least one of the following industries: liquefied natural gas (LNG), hydrogen production, carbon capture, power generation, water & waste water treatment.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- 401k matching
- Employee stock purchasing plan
- Maternity/Paternity leave
If you are interested in joining a leading engineering and architecture consulting firm within the renewable energy space, apply here!