A local civil engineering firm to Washington State is seeking an junior Transportation Engineer to join their team in Bellingham. This position will provide an opportunity to work on conventional and moderate to complex transportation projects across the Western region.
The Transportation Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 1+years of engineering experience. Emphasis on roadway/highway geometric design, drainage, and ADA is desired, but not required
- EIT (Engineer-in-Training certification)
- Strong knowledge of and experience using Microstation, Geopak, AutoCAD, Civil 3D software packages
- Ability to work on multiple assignments on a variety of projects, work in an environment to learn quickly
- Developing and overseeing roadway design plans and specifications.
- Conducting feasibility studies and analyzing data to recommend optimal design approaches.
- Utilizing engineering software and tools for modeling and simulation.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Participating in client meetings and providing technical expertise.
If you are interested in the Transportation Engineer role, then please don't wait to apply.