Company Summary: Founded in 1990, the company is a leading the development, investment and operations of the North American power and energy infrastructure sector. They have developed, constructed, managed and acquired more than 45,000 MW of power generation and have raised over $47 billion in debt and equity investments.
Position Summary: You will be responsible for providing support for various acquisition and divestiture efforts, primarily through the support of asset market and trading activities, analysis of and certifications related to hedging and trading opportunities. As the Analyst, you will have a strong understanding of the fragmented power markets across the United States, sound knowledge of trading products, analytical and programming capability and structuring expertise.
Location: New York City, NY (Hybrid)
The responsibilities of the Analyst will be responsible for:
- Perform market analysis to determine short and long term trading opportunities in the commodity markets (Power, FTRs, emissions, RECs,natural gas, oil, coal, natural gas basis, power basis)
- Directly oversee third parties who are leading the day-to-day commercial strategies at for generating facilities (bidding, procuring fuel, outage coordination, etc)
- Utilize industry fundamental and technical analysis to research market dynamics and assess trade and hedge positions
- Monitor market, industry, product and pricing trends
- Assist with structuring and negotiating documentation to put trades into place
- Provide asset valuation support for company's acquisition and development activity
- Assist acquisition efforts in assessing and underwriting revenue streams for target power generation facilities
- Participate with the acquisition and development team to evaluate strategic hedging alternatives
- Develop power generation hedging strategies across market regions to maximize profitability and minimize margin volatility
- Hedging would focus on the gross margin value streams such as power, ancillaries, and capacity
- Formulate risk management and trading strategies
- Ensure compliance with strategic objectives and existing risk controls
- Apply statistical and econometric analysis to raw Power and Gas data sets to form robust conclusions with predictive value
The Analyst should have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
- Have a minimum of three years of trading, structuring, and/or analytical support experience within the power industry
- Have analytic, modeling, and fundamental research skills including demonstrated capability utilizing programming languages (writing, reading and editing code)
- Have a working knowledge of various trade capture and programming systems
If interested in the position, do not hesitate in applying!