Company Summary: This company is a global leader in the renewable energy space and the fourth largest producer worldwide. With a robust development portfolio, first-class assets and market-leading operational capacity, this company has shown extraordinary growth over the pat few years and is currently in 28 international markets. They are committed to driving social progress with a particular focus on sustainability and integration.
Position Summary: The Associate Director will analyze and execute evaluation of strategic investments (organic and M&A projects). In addition, this role will focus on originating attractive M&A opportunities in wind and solar to cater to the business needs of the company and lead all of the M&A execution efforts in coordination with the department head. This position will be on a hybrid work schedule, working three days in office and two days from home.
Location: Houston, TX (hybrid work model)
The responsibilities of the Associate Director will include:
- Lead and coordinate the analysis of Greenfield projects in terms of economic risks and strategic options and undertake oversight of the team's efforts in carrying out valuation and sensitivity analyses of various opportunities generated by the platform
- Coordinate the efforts of the internal teams of the platform to prepare investment memos and liaise with the company's decision making bodies for required approvals
- Originate and evaluate M&A opportunities and lead the negotiation of transaction documentation and structuring
- Evaluate divestment opportunities and assist the head of the department in the execution of asset rotation targets for the platform
- Participate in strategic analysis projects (i.e., Special Projects)
- Analyze and support bid strategies for Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Oversee the impairment analysis process for the platform
- Oversee and mentor the junior members of the team and integrate the new recruits to the team
The Associate Director should have the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in Finance, Business, Strategy or a related field
- 8+ years in M&A, corporate finance, or investment analysis, which should include in depth experience and direct involvement in contract and deal negotiation
- Background in renewable deal making a plus
- Strong knowledge of valuation, financing, accounting, and strategic analysis
If interested in the position, please feel free to apply!