Company Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As they develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, their 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions for their customers today.
Position Summary: The Mergers & Acquisitions group is seeking an Associate to support the origination, structuring, negotiation and execution of acquisitions, divestitures and investments for thee clients portfolio of energy infrastructure assets. This is a highly-visible role within the organization and presents an opportunity to gain significant exposure to the North American energy infrastructure sector in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Location: Open to remote (strong preference for candidates based in the tri-sate area)
The associate will be responsible for:
- Working with senior team members to identify and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities;
- Developing detailed financial models for M&A transactions;
- Participating in all aspects of due diligence activities, including coordinating with operations, environmental, legal, tax and accounting teams to validate assumptions;
- Assisting with the preparation of investment memoranda and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors;
- Conducting research and analysis to screen and qualify potential M&A opportunities;
- Assisting with the development of broader strategic initiatives and investment strategies.
The Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience;
- 2-4 years of investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience
- BA / BS from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, or a similarly quantitative / analytical field;
- Prior experience with M&A transactions strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and managing complex financial models;
- Ability to travel
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in reaching out!