We have a current opportunity for a Business Development Lead on a permanent basis for an Offshore Wind Developer.
The successful candidate is responsible for identifying business opportunities, developing such opportunities, and incorporate them to the Off-Shore business activity with the objective to meet Company targets in the country.
The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
Origination (New Business - Offshore Business)
- Identify and source Offshore Business project opportunities - both fixed and floating.
- Build and maintain a robust network of contacts in the market (ie. potential partners, suppliers, advisors, potential clients, etc.,), engage with external media, and attend / participate on industry / regulatory conference to seek out potential partners, clients, and opportunities.
- Acquire front line "on-the-ground" market intelligence and disseminate this intelligence laterally and vertically to support building the organisation's knowledge base
- Keep apace of the regulatory landscape, to inform strategic thinking, and report on regulatory issues relevant to the Offshore Business, as well as the power industry in general
- From an understanding of trends in the regulatory environment and market trends - provide solutions and opportunities to "seize the market" (ie. Corporate PPA, alternative routes-to-market, etc.,)
- Collaborate and support other parts of the business, outside of Offshore Business, such as Green Hydrogen and the Onshore Business.
- Support the Country Manager with the provision on market intelligence to support strategic development, corporate planning, pipeline management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Support the Country Manager with stakeholder engagement with trade organisations (ie. JWPA), chambers of commerce (ie. ACCJ, SpCCJ, etc.,), as well as other organisations (ie. Renewable Energy Institute, RIOE, etc.,)
- Support efforts on project development for "live" projects in the areas of bid strategy, engaging with legal advisors, selection of bid advisory support, as well as financing schemes and financial modelling where relevant and necessary.
- Support stakeholder engagement with partners where necessary and relevant.
- Demonstrated understanding of Country's energy system and pathways to carbon neutrality including offshore wind, future trends such as hydrogen and ammonia, as well as drivers for pricing, demand, and supply.
- Understanding of the evolving Country power market structure, corporate power purchase agreements, and offshore wind regulatory framework and renewables.
- Perseverance and ability to cultivate strong positive working relationships internally and externally to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to develop investment cases, pipeline building, and having the resilience and resourcefulness to overcome challenges
- Excellent ability to represent the company externally with a variety of audiences and a variety of seniorities.
- Ability to draft compelling presentations and pitches to both a wide variety of audience and seniorities, but also to specific targeted audiences.
- Team player with excellent communication, highly developed EQ, interpersonal and facilitation skills and demonstrated success in working across functions, teams, and product portfolios.
- Established network of industry, customer, and partner contacts within the renewables sector, Utilities segment and other industrial sectors.
- Organised, methodical, and analytical approach to origination, pipeline building, and issue resolution.