We have a current opportunity for a Cable Package Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
As a Package Manager in this role, your primary responsibility will be overseeing the cable package for an offshore wind project. You will play a key role in the project's various stages, starting from concept development and planning, and progressing into procurement and package delivery. Your focus will be on ensuring timely and budget-compliant delivery of the agreed-upon scope, with a strong emphasis on safety and quality.
- Managing the activities related to the cable package throughout all project phases, preparing technical specifications for procurement, evaluating proposals from cable suppliers, and collaborating with the procurement team to determine commercial terms.
- Lead contract negotiations and management in close collaboration with the commercial and legal management functions.
- Handle cable interfaces with other packages, functions, and suppliers.
- Support, coordinate, and supervise cable suppliers and contractors during the design, manufacturing, transport, installation, and commissioning phases.
- Address technical queries, monitor project construction works, ensure contractual compliance by the wind cable suppliers, conduct site inspections, and oversee defect assessment and rectification during the construction phase.
- Primary point of contact for project colleagues, suppliers, contractors, and other stakeholders regarding any cable-related topics.
- Regular reporting on the progress within the cable package to the wider project team will be required.
- Promoting a safety and quality culture will be paramount, and you will lead by example in championing these values within the team.
- Project management experience with large offshore multi-discipline projects, preferably in offshore wind project development.
- Knowledge of project management and execution, preferably with PMI/PMP certification, is desirable.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent, with an advanced degree being preferred, is required.
- At least five years of technical experience in offshore wind cable design, manufacturing, and installation, as well as experience in managing the concept development, FEED, or detailed design of cables.
- Familiarity with general electrical transmission and wider infrastructure related to offshore wind cables is expected.
- Experience in offshore work for cable installation and maintenance in offshore wind projects is also preferred.
- A broad understanding of general offshore wind development and construction, including markets, supply chain, permitting, and business case drivers, is beneficial.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively are essential.
- Able to work in Taiwan.
Don't hesitate to apply if interested!