We have an exciting new current opportunity for a Senior Estimator on a permanent basis with a renowned GC developer.
The position will be based in Philadelphia.
They are well established in the construction sector and are a leading US contractor, specializing in multiple sectors including Multifamily, Commercial, Government projects, and more.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
-Deliverables related to project costs must be provided as soon as possible.
-Helping to create the provisional scopes for the idea cost estimates.
-Create conceptual cost estimations. Construction of sites using modular manufacturing.
-Assemble material take-offs for site construction and modular manufacturing (Modular and GC scope).
-Create project cost estimates with breakdowns in accordance with internal cost divisions for site construction and modular manufacture.
-During the design development stage of the project life-cycle, develop the project cost estimate with the design team.
-Work together with the design team to create and put into practise value engineering strategies to deliver a cost-effective design.
-Compile cost qualifications for each individual project for contractual needs.
-Create documentation for the estimate foundation.
-Valuate other people's work
-Recognize errors in the drawings and other source data, and be able to estimate the cost of those errors
-Knowing when to use them and being able to write them
-Create quantity-based estimates using incomplete information (forced quantities)
-Obtain pricing for subcontracts and vendors, and be able to create budgets for subcontractors.
-Be able to choose the proper cranes and other equipment and create preliminary lifting plans
-Create work execution strategies.
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Estimation, working on projects over $20 million
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Construction Management Degree/Similar field)
- Or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment
What this role will offer you:
- You will be instrumental into providing insight into the US construction market as well as strategic advice on the target markets.
- Opportunities for progression
- Relevant training to increase your output and work effectively
- Equity within the global listed company will be provided
For further information about this position please apply or contact