Who are they looking for?
If you are passionate about working in teams and making a difference for clients then read on!
The difference is in the way they create and deliver solutions - they bring innovation and expertise together from across the entire company to create customized solutions tailored to the client's specific needs.
The professional selected for this critical role will be curious about client needs, self-motivated to build internal relationships to form the right teams and solutions, and excited to see the clients succeed. They will develop and direct client capture and development plans to grow the number and impact of the solutions theythey are deploying. The successful actions of this professional will drive growth that is critical to the Mission of the firm to provide a gratifying, safe place to work with expanding opportunities for the employees.
What's in it for you?
- The chance to develop and lead client service teams drawn from the talent Practices of the firm.
- Increased leadership opportunities through higher visibility in the marketplace, client interactions, and account development.
- Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
- Strong bonus potential.
What will you be doing?
The ability to grow and succeed as a firm is a direct function of the technical expertise they develop within, as the external client and business partnerships that they cultivate. As such, the Sales and Client Manager is responsible for keeping their group's technical proficiency at the forefront of their client and business relationships in order to market the innovative project solutions. This position is highly visible both within and outside the firm and involves working with large and complex client organizations to address their unmet needs through the deliberate approach to problem solving and commitment to generating fresh ideas.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Become part of a team focused on growing the environmental remediation and services practice. Annual sales goals range from $3M to $7M. they will work to customize an onboarding plan to help you reach these goals at tiered levels based on the degree of experience.
- Grow client accounts with the goal of selling the full suite of services
- Provide consultation to clients and project staff.
- Prepare written proposals, presentations and budget quotes.
- Negotiate terms of service delivery.
- Maintain account relationships to create revenue growth.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to develop offerings and positioning pieces.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Assure that invoicing is completed for client accounts and collect overdue receivables.
- Be externally focused, opening doors for the senior and technical staff.
- Identify opportunities early to allow time for teams to position for work.
- Attend conferences and workshops to strengthen existing relationships, establish new client relationships, identify emerging technologies and market drivers.
- Desire to serve and lead in a deliberate, focused and dynamic team environment.
- Coach and develop junior members of the account management team.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the execution and management in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences or engineering or related field from accredited program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience selling into multiple executive and plant-level functions within private sector clients, including engineering, environmental health & safety, sustainability, operations, capital project management and procurement.
- Identify, lead, and participate in business development and bid and proposal efforts.
- Strong desire to grow an organization and the ability to motivate others.
- Understanding of the business development cycle related specifically to the consulting business, including opportunity identification, proposal writing and development, and presentation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel across the U.S. to client and company facilities up to 50% of the time (post pandemic).
- Open to remote work locations.