The top anaerobic digester developer/owner/operator in the US is looking to bring on a Commissioning Engineer. In this role, you will plan and coordinate commissioning activities at new project sites. In this role, you will work with complex systems, collaborating with the construction commissioning teams to ensure the system is ready to perform per the design intent.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will require 50% travel. Outside of travel, you will be working in a hybrid model (3 days in office, 2 remote).
Commissioning Engineer Responsibilities
- Work with Commissioning Team to develop a project specific commissioning plan for each project.
- Coordinate with construction, commissioning, engineering, and operations teams throughout commissioning process.
- Continually monitor activities for compliance with contracts, documentation and quality standards.
- Provide field support as needed.
- Oversee project commissioning completion milestone progress & deliverables.
- Engage with management regularly, reporting on project status, activity, and achievements.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal project stakeholders.
- Understand, review, and manage project plans, specifications, and manufacturer's data and commission project based upon that documentation.
- Ensure that all equipment/facilities installed on site is completed in a correct and safe manner, as per contract/project/design requirements.
- Other work assignments and special projects as assigned
Commissioning Engineer Ideal Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Process, Instrumentation or Control) or significant experience in practical maintenance activities
- Experience with water, waste-water, or anaerobic development.
- 2-5 years of construction, operations, commissioning, project management, and/or development experience.
- Knowledge of relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Project.
- Experience in schedule and contract compliance, and change management.
- Experience in developing & applying test protocols (with test equipment where relevant).
- Experience working in a defined process led environment.
- Experience in detailed record-keeping.
- Advanced analytical skills to address problems, identify root causes, and generate potential solutions.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Employer health care, vision, and wellness benefits.
- Annual incentive Bonus Opportunity (in addition to base salary).
- Paid time off
- Phone Expense Reimbursement
If interested, apply here!