A leading renewable energy company is looking to bring on a Director of Development to focus on Wind Origination. As the Director, you will be responsible for originating acquisition opportunities, leading project management and development, and supporting the company's Senior Management. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully originating utility-scale wind generation acquisition opportunities, as well as a Bachelor's degree or higher and at least 7 years of experience in utility-scale wind generation.
The Director of Wind Origination will be responsible for...
- Originating acquisition and development opportunities and lead project management and development.
- Cultivating relationships with asset sellers to buy operating wind assets primarily for the purpose of the company's equity investment and eventual re-power.
- Sourcing operating asset acquisitions and obtain internal approvals.
- Creating and managing project budgets and schedules.
- Negotiating and executing real estate agreements.
- Overseeing environmental studies and obtain all necessary permits and regulatory approvals for financing.
- Acquiring and maintaining industry knowledge of market, transmission, and other trends.
- Analyzing acquisition opportunities and identify potential bid opportunities for the company's projects.
- Responding to public RfPs.
- Participating in community engagement and public relations as needed.
- Managing and providign support to the project team in all internal and external matters related to a project.
- Reporting progress to the company's Senior Management.
- Supporting and coordinating with all other departments within the company including engineering, commercial, finance, legal and administrative to ensure success.
The qualifications for this role include...
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and written
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn.
- Strong understanding of key business principles.
- Consistently perform and deliver on stated goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage all members of a team regardless of seniority or department.
- High ethical standards and practices.
Location: Massachusettes, United States