We have a current opportunity for a Director of Air Quality/Climate Change on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Southern California with remote availability. For further information about this position please apply. The Director of Air Quality and Climate Change Services will build and maintain client relationships to grow the service line throughout California. The position would require the preparation of technical proposals and participation in business development activities with existing clients and identified leads.
- A BS/BA in an engineering, science, environmental, or urban planning field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Ability to review Air Quality/Greenhouse Gas reports to ensure they are technically accurate, well written, and legally defensible.
- Ability to prepare and lead Climate Action Planning efforts for local jurisdictions.
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects with attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to create and build client relationships that result in new and repeat business.
- Experience mentoring staff to ensure their skill levels are progressing.
- Advanced knowledge of air quality models including CalEEMod, EMFAC, CALINE4, AERMOD, ISCST3, and SCREEN3 models.
- Extensive knowledge of air quality principles, analysis methodologies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of greenhouse gas and climate change analysis methodologies and regulatory guidelines; Air Quality Management District and Air Pollution Control District regulatory programs and their relationship to the Federal Clean Air Act.
- Ability to perform air quality and greenhouse gas technical studies and sections in support of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for various public and private projects, including but not limited to environmental impact statements/reports, environmental assessments, and mitigated negative declarations is desired.
- Experience with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and transportation related Conformity Analysis is desired.
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Remote availability
- Medical, dental, vision, long term disability, long-term care