A leading Consultancy within the buildings and renewable energy spaces is looking for a Director of IT Product Management.
In this role, you will oversee the IT Product Management function while partnering System Engineering and Infrastructure functions to deliver world class solutions to our employee base and power our enterprise.
You will be accountable for the enterprise business architecture and roadmap, while overseeing all activities related to design of our business architecture, end to end process flow development, capture of functional requirements, functional design, solution configuration, user acceptance testing and implementation of application footprint. This includes designing and building functional competency for the implementation of ERP, CRM, data analytics etc. solutions supporting our business architecture.
Director of IT Product Management Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and best practices to the IT Product Management team and the IT function overall
- Is highly customer focused and passionate about our user's experience
- Manage the business technology vision, roadmap, and prioritization of features against business needs, technology imperatives, and industry standards.
- Deliver 12 - 18 month rolling functional road maps
- Defines value models / business cases to support roadmap prioritization and value capture
- Collaboratively leads initiative prioritization alignment with the IT Governance Council
- Document vision, business requirements, and functional design for system improvements and projects working with business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and the engineering teams.
- Specify and maintain requirements artifacts including: Context Diagrams, Process and Workflow Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Use Case Models, and Use Case Specifications.
- Conduct research to determine whether solutions to business/technical requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Manage the training solution delivery model, which may include providing training to users on new functionality, giving refresher courses on existing functionality, and updating training materials.
- Provide critical thinking and facilitate discussions needed to drive outcomes and results to meet project goals by serving as cross-work stream SME and escalation point.
- Responsible for owning follow ups and closing gaps related to overall project approach, design issues, project execution tasks and issues; take ownership of assigned gaps; work with team to resolve and present findings.
- Responsible for making adjustments or recommending enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness
- Creates "buy-in" and robust adoption by defining and apply standard change management methods (e.g. training, communication)
- Ensure solution consistency across our enterprise within and between functions
- Provide leadership and direction for full lifecycle enterprise application deployment initiatives (ERP and CRM implementations planned with IFS as well as data analytics initiatives)
- Develop delivery model for IT Product Management that effectively leverages partners where appropriate for business analysis and design
- Establish delivery metrics for delivery efficiency as well as quality
- Be able to effectively communicate with key stakeholders build networks across IT, Users and Partners
- Work in collaboration with our business stakeholders to define requirements (including non-functional) and create functional designs that are consistent across our enterprise
- Engage in senior level business decision discussions related to agility, business value, and business processes
- Owns follow ups and closing gaps related to overall project approach, design issues, project execution tasks and issues; take ownership of assigned gaps; work with team to resolve and present findings.
- Become part of a team of individuals who are committed to provide excellent customer service
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle, this includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high user satisfaction.
- Mentor members of the Product team helping grow and shape their development
Director of IT Product Management Qualifications
- Degree in Business / MIS or equivalent work experience
- 14+ years of experience working in large scale IT environments and/or consulting experience performing IT Product Management or business analysis
- Strong business architecture background for end-to-end solution delivery
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Lead complex projects and run multi-departmental project teams with minimum supervision
- Drive complicated system issues to closure
- Translate business requests into organized, clear and concise business requirements and document work-flows and processes
- Analyze and interpret data and functionality problems in complex computer systems
- Experience leading workshops and gaining alignment on business requirements
- Experience developing end-to-end process flows (e.g. Q2C, P2P etc)
- Experience defining product management methodology (e.g. templates, process flow, etc)
- Experience with full life cycle delivery of large complex systems (e.g. ERP platforms). *IFS exposure preferred*
- Experience establishing a metric base application delivery model
- A strong understanding of business environments and technology across multiple industries
- Experience with both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Experience defining and operating applications serving multiple functional areas (e.g Finance, Sales, HR, Collaboration)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders-both technical and business users
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of social intelligence
- Experience working with cloud-based application delivery models (i.e., SaaS, iPaaS, IaaS)
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
If you're interested in joining a growing energy accelerator firm as the Director of Product Management, apply here!