This consulting firm is one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. They has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
They are seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA office as the Water Infrastructure Director.
The selected candidate will work with local Business Unit and Business Development leadership to increase the firm's public business presence in the Georgia market. As a seller/doer, the selected candidate will lead a variety of water/wastewater projects, lead or assist in the pursuit of clients and projects, and participate in the development of business strategy. This individual must be competent in performing engineering design work.
The selected candidate will have demonstrated success in managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects and have strong leadership and people/client skills. The candidate will be expected to prepare proposals, market existing and potential clients, and help represent the firm in the community.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide industry-leading knowledge and prominence to the business' projects and initiatives.
- Support clients to formulate innovative solutions to drive project success.
- Identify and support business development activities and proposal development.
- Serve as project manager for multiple projects. Conduct contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants.
- Perform preliminary engineering design and/or review the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers, or drafters.
- Function as a project lead and mentor to project teams.
- Work with external clients at progress meetings and throughout the project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals, and deadlines.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of final plans and design reports and submit them for approval.
- Prepare project work plans, develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Monitor schedules, financial status of projects, and quality control on projects.
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- P.E. license is required.
- At least 12 years of technical experience preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including budget, schedule, and deliverable performance.
- Demonstrated experience working with Georgia cities, counties, or authorities.
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: AutoCAD 3D.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities, and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If you are passionate about making a difference in water and wastewater engineering, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. To apply, please submit your resume.