A leading heavy civil construction firm is currently seeking an Estimator to work out of there Portland office location. The Estimator should have a large portfolio of projects including but not limited to excavation, grading, water/wastewater treatment plant, pump station, road, bridge, light rail transit, OSDOT or highway. The Estimator will be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of construction bids.
This contractor is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and they are constantly seeking people to join their industry-leading team. The organization offers challenging, complex projects creative and innovative problem-solving environment, supportive, communicative managers who reward your success, opportunities for growth, training, and development. Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
The Estimator will be responsible for...
- Reviews project plans, requirements, and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and develop scope of work, labor, and equipment costs
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs occurred in heavy civil industry projects
The Estimator should have the following qualifications...
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 years of experience in Estimation preferred, including experience on heavy civil projects
- Extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs, and engineering principles
- Knowledge of productivity software and market costs/ conditions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Commuter Benefits Program
If you are interested in the Estimator role, then please don't wait to apply!