Currently accepting & reviewing applications for a Forensic Mechanical Engineer to join a Florida based engineering services firm that takes pride in serving their clients.
Aside from structural and civil consulting services this client has a great track record for offering solutions related to mechanical, electrical and services attorneys and insurance companies.
This is a great opportunity for anyone local to the area or interested in relocation. Also, a great opportunity for anyone looking to join a large engineering firm with a great family orientated and relaxed culture.
- Minimum 7- 10 years in mechanical engineering.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P.E licensed or the ability to obtain within the year
- Must have at least 5 years of US based employer experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The engineer will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage, and options for repair in a variety of mechanical systems and construction-related circumstances. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determine the scope of repair and evaluate repair options
- Determine the cause of failure of mechanical components and systems
- Evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, accidents, and fires/explosions
- Effectively communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as testimony
- Effectively and patiently communicate technical matters to laypersons and attorneys
As well as-
- Help to ensure group profitability by generating business to sustain productivity of self and other on the Mechanical Engineering team.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with current and potential clients
- Explore and develop new markets with other senior staff
- Aid in the development of junior staff though mentoring/coaching