About the Company:
The company is a leader in forensic engineering and consulting for more than 35 years, they are seeking a Forensic Structural Engineer in the Midwest. They are experts in investigating and evaluating the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, fires/explosions, construction/design defects, accidents, and other types of catastrophes.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and leadership to newer colleagues and/or those with less experience on complex engineering assignments.
- Surveys property, casualty and liability losses, typically at residential and commercial buildings and loss scenes.
- Conducts investigations to determine the root cause of events and failures.
- Works closely with engineers and investigators to produce detailed reports, drawings, and/or outline the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Develops plans, reports and drawings to meet client's needs and/or determine and document the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Provides expert testimony in a court of law and/or in depositions.
- Determines applicable engineering practices to fulfil the prescribed scope of work, project specifics, timelines, and cost estimates for the professional services provided.
- Active P.E. or S.E. licensure is required in OH/IL/WI/IA/MN, or you must be eligible to obtain licensure by reciprocity.
- Must be willing and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, including working in confined spaces and on steep-slope roofs. Carrying ladders and operating other equipment are essential functions of the job.
- The ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as needed by vehicle or by plane.
- Must be able to work independently and also with a cross-functional team of experts.
- Strong technical writing skills are required; the ability to write effective reports is critical.
- Strong verbal communication skills are necessary; you should be an effective communicator in face-to-face interactions.
- The ability to provide the utmost in customer service to our clients is a must.
- Technical proficiency with computers, phones, cameras, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is required. A Master of Science Degree in Structural Engineering is highly desirable,
- 10 years of on-the-job structural engineering experience is required.
- At least 15 years of forensic investigative experience is preferred, but training may be provided to otherwise well-qualified candidates.
- Expert witness experience is not required but is highly desirable.
- 401K Match, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, PTO
- Flexible Schedule
- Bonuses for network of clients