A Leading Southern California General Contractor is looking for a Construction Project Manager with experience working on CalTrans projects to join their team in Southern California.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, union officials, and subcontractors.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s) to make certain work is completed under budget and on schedule.
- Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, change requests,etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, and standards are followed to make certain we adhere to core values.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files in order to track project status.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 7 years heavy civil construction experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), company policies, procedures and standards; and union jurisdiction, labor agreements. Negotiation skills essential.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills required.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), estimating and forecasting software.
- Knowledge of HCSS preferred.