One of the top engineering consultancies is actively seeking a Lead Solar Electrical Engineer to join their team. My client has a vast portfolio of utility scale solar PV and BESS projects. In this role you will lead as a technical design engineer overseeing solar utility-scale projects and teams.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Generate electrical design deliverables for solar PV panel installations.
- Produce one-line drawings, collection system layouts, power cable sizing, cable schedules, and equipment sizing.
- Engage in management, project scheduling, and resource planning meetings.
- Maintain direct communication with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure quality assurance/quality control for projects and provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- PE License
- 5+ years of renewable engineering experience, 2 years specifically in solar
- Completed 1-2 utility scale solar projects
- Proficient in specifying and procuring various electrical equipment.
- Capable of adhering to project schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Knowledgeable about relevant NEC and IEEE/ANSI standards.
- Experienced in handling electrical equipment including MV and LV switchgear, transformers, panel boards, breakers, relays, inverters, batteries, and more.
- Skilled in engineering calculations such as load flow, short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, cable ampacity study, grounding analysis, voltage drop calculations, and cable sizing.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of power generation
- Great company culture
- Hybrid / Flexible hours