Summary: A local 3 contractor is currently looking for a MOD Superintendent to work on projects in NYC.
- Manage training and development of field technicians on established processes, tools and standards
- Plan and direct modernization including manpower needs
- Manages job sites from survey through the completion of the modernization process documenting and advising on modernization project progress.
- Trouble-shoot problems with mechanics, performing quality audits and meeting with customers to review progress
- Manages subcontractor schedule and performance
- Excellent communication among team members while maintaining good working relationships with the local union
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local elevator industry code requirements
- Determines what materials need to be ordered for job completion, and coordinates and arranges for sub-contracting portions of installations
- Visit job sites to manage safety, site activities and progress of employees
- Monitor job completion and drive installation efficiency
- MOD Superintendent experience or 10+ years' MOD Technician experience
- Independent company experience
- Budgeting experience - Job cost control, material and manpower
- Ability to lead & motivate a team
- Understand the by-laws of union agreement - familiarity with a union-represented work environment