My Client is a multidisciplinary engineering firm located in the outskirts of the Twin Cities specializing in Forensic Analysis, Repair and Restoration Design, Historic Restorations, Construction QA, Building Commissioning & Construction Management.
This firm is a the best of both worlds, they have the resources and talent to go after large complex failures, but still maintain the family oriented feel of a small firm. They take an extremely targeted approach to their culture and invest heavily in their employees - both personally and professionally. With the flexibility of an office space when you need it, and the ability to work from home, my client is extremely invested in making their place of work enjoyable and stimulating.
- Conducting forensic analysis across structural collapses and performance failures.
- Analyzing and assisting with building restorations and renovations across a variety of structures.
- Perform building diligence reports and assessments.
- Travel to site locations across the State of Minnesota.
Core skills / abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Leadership skills and management ability.
- Strong client facing capabilities.
- Bachelors degree in engineering (with a structural emphasis) or architecture.
- Masters preferred but not required.
- PE/RA license.
- Familiarity with forensic investigations of existing structures.
- Some previous experience with historic structures and older code provisions.
- Design and/or renovation experience preferred.
- Ability to use engineering and office software.
- Perform field investigations - working at heights, unconditioned spaces, limited access areas and/ or industrial environments.