One of our top, national civil engineering consulting clients is currently searching for a National Practice leader for their drinking water business line.
This role will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for their practice while ensuring alignment with the company and business unit strategies. In this role, you will also be responsible for driving market growth, developing talent, and delivering high quality solutions to drive our client's technical differentiation from that of our competitors.
The type of person who will be successful in this role will identify with the following characteristics:
- You are a leader who can connect with and bring out the best in everyone.
- You consistently demonstrate strong leadership, coaching and communication skills.
- You excel in strategy development, including project management, business analysis, problem solving, consensus building, and talent development.
- You are results-orientated, proactive, and interested in working with a diverse team.
- You can guide and rally your team, focusing on actions to achieve desired outcomes.
- You have the ability to engage. influence and execute across the business, regardless of your sphere of influence, to deliver solutions.
- You have strong ability to see trends and extract vision from what is otherwise obscure.
You will be responsible for
- Practice Leadership
- Project Delivery Quality & Efficiency
- Client Development and Sales
- Technical Knowledge and Standards
- Talent Development
- Brand and Industry Leadership
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Science, Geology or a related field is required.
- Professional registration is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the environmental services or water utility and/or consulting industry is required.
- Proven experience managing successfully within a matrixed/enterprise business model.
- Excellent leadership, people management and organizational development skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment, and promote, foster, and build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Experience managing at the senior leadership level (must have led and developed other leaders).
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen to guide decisions on assignment of personal and technical approaches to support business unit growth.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in guiding technical strategy for a large national portfolio of projects and alignment or key staff and technical differentiators to those projects to realize a substantial impact on the business.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally (verbal and written) for technical and non-technical audiences.