The Project Manager will manage projects consisting of design reports, studies, technical memoranda, detailed plans, and specifications. The Project Manager must be capable of working closely with clients to ensure their expectations of services are exceeded.
Responsibilities are focused on water, wastewater, and reuse facilities and treatment plants, but may include design and managing a variety of projects related to:
- Water and Wastewater master planning
- Water and Wastewater treatment facilities
In addition to design, this role will include coordination with other support disciplines, coordination with regulating agencies, and quality assurance and quality control. Periodic travel will be required on an as-needed basis for projects, conferences, marketing, and other duties.
The Project Manager will also assist the West Region Team Leader in managing and mentoring internal staff, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring the delivery of quality products that adhere to company standardization. This Project Manager will also be included in client meetings and at industry conferences.
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Be technically competent with water or wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for clients and Team Leader(s). Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
- Conduct Construction engineering administration management, excluding construction observation, for local projects
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Must have 4 or more years of similar technical experience
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater projects
- Must have a strong knowledge base of engineering principals related to water, wastewater, and reuse facilities and treatment plant projects
- Must have a basic understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, SUE, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control) required for the implementation of water/wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be passionate about client service and the water industry
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook