This firm is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor with experience in preparing Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, Plats of Highways, Plats of Easement, Construction Record Drawings and Writing Legal Descriptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects necessary topographical survey data to be used in the completion of engineering projects.
- Conducts boundary surveys.
- Prepares legal descriptions, files plats, records surveys, and prepares easements.
- Provides construction staking.
- Reviews job specifications and plans field work to ensure compliance with established project scope and budgets.
- Downloads and processes survey data to create base map and digital terrain models.
- Operates independently utilising current hardware and software, including robotic total station survey equipment and GPS equipment.
- Uploads alignments, control, and data from CADD into survey equipment for field layout.
- Conduct research of public records in connection with land surveys.
- Perform boundary closure calculations and traverse adjustments.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in land surveying.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to learn through on the job mentoring and training.
- Ability to working with survey crews while setting clear expectations
- MicroStation and GeoPak experience a plus.
- Knowledge of research and recording procedures at County Recorder Offices
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Active Land Surveyor License in Illinois and Indiana or ability and qualifications to obtain.
- Strong time management, communication, and mechanical skills.