Company Summary: This company is a leading US renewable energy company with a proven track record of developing, owning, and operating distributed generation solar and energy storage projects in North America. The company was founded in 2014 and is backed by the Blackstone Group and Sustainable Development Capital LLP.
Position Summary: This role will report directly to the Controller and is responsible for managing the reporting and analysis of renewable energy projects actively being constructed and assisting between the Accounting, Finance, and Project Management teams and facilitates the smooth flow of information among these parties.
Location: New York City (open to remote flexibility)
The responsibilities of the Project Accounting Manager include:
- Set up projects in ERP system in accordance with Company policy
- Prepare purchase order requisitions for approval by Procurement Director and ensure proper budget and account coding
- Manage open purchase orders
- Maintain budget information, budget availability and payment information for approved budgets
- Track change orders and re-allocations to maintain the correct current budget and commitment values
- Coordinate with internal functional groups to review and track project performance, including variance analysis, cash flow, and profitability. Conduct various project analyses including postmortem analysis of closed projects to provide meaningful input to project managers
- Work closely with the accounting and finance teams to integrate new projects into project tracking modules and update forecasts and budgets on an active basis
- Responsible for maintaining and administering project accounting module within ERP system.
- Assist and support project managers in the use of project management systems and reports
- Prepare schedules and provide support for external audits and tax return preparation as well as special projects as directed by senior management
- Assist with sales tax filing requirements
The Project Accounting Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in renewable energy, real estate development, engineering, or construction industry
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Skilled with ERP system such as Intacct, Netsuite, or other similar system
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Management Accountant license preferred
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to apply!