We are currently seeking an Offshore Wind Risk Manager to join our client's offshore wind team in Taiwan.
As an Offshore Wind Risk Manager, you will be responsible for leading the proactive risk and opportunity management within the implementation of offshore wind farms. Your role encompasses all project stages, from initial risk identification and evaluation to response planning, continuous monitoring, and control, including reporting throughout the project's life cycle. Your primary objective is to mitigate any potential negative impacts while optimizing the realization of opportunities. Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and assessing all potential risks and opportunities associated with the project, taking into account internal and external factors that may affect project objectives.
- Collaborating closely with the project team to evaluate risks, considering factors such as likelihood, impact, and potential consequences. Utilize tools like risk matrices, SWOT analysis, and quantitative risk analysis (e.g., Monte Carlo simulations) to prioritize risks and opportunities.
- Developing strategies to reduce or avoid risks and capitalize on opportunities, ensuring the project progresses smoothly.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a university or technical college degree.
- Possess several years of experience in risk management for offshore wind execution projects, heavy construction, or large capital projects, preferably within renewables and the offshore industry.
- Have a solid background in managing complex technical projects, particularly in the offshore wind energy sector, and a strong understanding of commercial aspects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in conducting cost and schedule risk analyses using quantitative methods, supported by software like @RISK.
- Exhibit outstanding problem-solving skills, allowing you to quickly and creatively address complex interdependencies while presenting solutions concisely.
- Possess a solution-oriented mindset and work effectively in a multicultural environment. You should be a team player who enjoys exchanging "best practice" ideas and understanding diverse perspectives.
- Be capable of setting priorities even under time constraints, with a strong focus on diligence and quality.
- Have excellent written and spoken English skills, with proficiency in the German language considered a plus but not mandatory.
- Be open to occasional international travel.
- Show a high degree of alignment with renewable energy initiatives.
If you are interested, please click "Apply Now".