A national, employee owned engineering firm that encourages their experts to try new things and explore ideas, however unconventional they might be, is looking for a Roadway Project Engineer to add to their Columbus, Ohio Roadway Team. This position requires an innovative, creative, and passionate engineer who will seek excellence in all they do.
You will be given the opportunity to work on exciting projects in their Columbus office and be a part of a growing team while contributing to transportation design and mentoring of less seasoned staff members.
Responsibilities of the Roadway Project Engineer:
- Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design for transportation projects
- Geometric, maintenance of traffic, drainage and signing/pavement marking design
- Development and mentoring of junior staff
- Interaction with clients on technical related issues
- Development of 3D roadway models
Qualifications for the Roadway Project Engineer:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (Masters is a plus)
- Ohio, P.E. (or ability to obtain within 6-12 months)
- 4+ years of engineering experience is required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential for client interaction and career advancement
- Team player with effective internal and external communication skills
- Ability to work well and self-motivate in a collaborative team environment
Feel free to apply directly.