The Power Division is looking to add a Safety Manager to the team. The Safety Manager will report to the Vice President and support our General Managers and Project Teams. The Safety Manager will help influence our overall performance, interact with customers and ensure apprenticeship programs, standard operating procedures and education programs align with industry standards.
This team constructs Electric Transmission & Distribution Lines and Substations up to and including 345kv. The current footprint is New England (ME, NH, VT), Indiana, Ohio, Virginia and North Carolina.
- Provide health and safety training, program development and review, work closely with operations personnel and management to ensure company health and safety programs for utility work (substations, transmission, and distribution) are being followed and promoted.
- Create/continually update an all-inclusive T&D PowerPoint orientation to serve as the foundation to site orientations.
- Develop an Activity Plan Training program specific for T&D
- Periodic safety audits on projects. Develop/Implement standard inspection form for major audits and build a standard daily/weekly audit form for safety and supervisors
- Stays current with industry/utility standards and helps drive change to policy/procedures within our organization. Stays involved with Utility Industry committees / conferences / boards.
- Develop & maintain SOP
- Gather information and compare with what our clients require
- Include safety rules, work rules and work procedures to reference
- Responsible to engage SR leaders for development and review
- Development of safety alerts in conjunction with the PMs of industry changes and best practice changes, OSHA policy changes for review and distribution.
- Analyze leading/lagging data and help communicate trends.
- T&D training coordination for all annual requirements, ensure compliance
- OSHA 1910.269
- First Aid /CPR
- Pole top & bucket rescue
- Flagger training
- Annual required safety training topics
- Electric Power Delivery System Knowledge
- Fluency on EPZ, grounding, rigging, Pole top/Bucket truck rescue, transmission, distribution, substation safe work practices
- Injury Management, Incident Investigation, Root Cause Analysis
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 10 years T&D field-related construction safety experience
- CUSP (Certified Utility Safety Supervisor) or other industry/safety certification preferred.
- Experience and ability in delivering training and/or certification preferred.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- The employee must hold a valid driver's license. Ability to travel to all project/customer locations as required.
- Ability to shift easily between projects and priorities and to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong sense of urgency in the accurate completion of tasks.
- Ability to be effective in a diverse and multicultural work environment with internal and external customers.