A Clean Energy company focused on developing and operating utility scale solar plus battery storage projects in the US is looking to bring on an experienced Senior Development Associate. This person will ideally sit in the Austin, Houston or Atlanta offices and will be a functional lead for assessing risks and managing all aspects of the development process for multiple utility scale solar and battery storage projects.
The Senior Development Associate will be responsible for…
- Managing a multi-project pipeline in one or multiple ISO/RTO territories and executing on complex milestone deliverables across a network of stakeholders.
- Managing and tracking project development through the creation of schedules.
- Assisting with site acquisition and due diligence, working with land acquisition, engineering, and transmission team members to assess go/no-go risk profiles for each new opportunity.
- Integrating strong problem-solving capabilities to evaluate nuanced site, permitting, interconnection, and technology issues with internal and external experts, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Assessing and obtaining permitting requirements, including land use and zoning approvals and state or federal permits.
- Evaluating project-specific property tax regimes.
- Understanding the key financing elements of a project and ensuring that all projects and deals continue to meet or exceed financial hurdles.
- Working with business development and origination team members to identify and quantify opportunities and owning responsibility for RFP/RFI submittals.
- Supporting the negotiation of key terms and conditions of power purchase agreements, permitting documents, and interconnection agreements to protect the commercial sensitivities of each deal.
The qualifications for this role include…
- 3+ years of experience in project development with a specific focus on renewable energy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple renewable projects simultaneously- from site origination through NTP.
- Experience completing site agreements, permit approvals, interconnection agreements, and MIPA/PSA project disposition/acquisition.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% covered health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Bonus structure