This firm is a nationally recognized, award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm that delivers measurable and enduring results for its clients. This firm has earned a reputation for adaptability, continuous relationship development, and professional excellence.
Known for their expertise in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering Services, Land Surveying, and much more has positioned this firm as a trusted advisor for clients ranging from the Illinois Department of Transportation and Illinois Tollway to the City of Chicago.
My client has an exciting structural engineering opportunity in Chicago, Illinois that will focus on IDOT and other transportation infrastructure agencies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform structural engineering, construction, and design assignments of a complex nature, requiring the application of innovative methods or progressive techniques and advanced professional knowledge,
- Assigned a lead role in Structural / Transportation projects where complex, multi-faceted, and coordinated engineering work is required. Directly assigned personnel, to meet cost, time, and quality control standards.
- Develop structural analysis and design calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, and experience.
- Provide technical leadership on the design team. Prepare engineering drawings and technical specifications for various types of projects including educational and corrections facilities, municipal offices, warehouse/maintenance structures, water and wastewater treatment plants, and storm drainage structures.
- A variety of structural systems include structural steel, single-and multi-story structures; reinforced concrete structures, including framed construction, flat slabs, and composite construction; shallow and deep foundations, including piles and caissons; and masonry and timber structures.
- Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project. Prepare proposals, estimate, and scope jobs, plan, and budget. Perform construction monitoring.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering concentration required, Master's degree preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Registered Structural Engineer (SE) in the state of IL required
- 4 - 8 years of progressively responsible experience in structural engineering
- AutoCAD / Civil3D experience preferred
- MicroStation / OpenRoads experience is a plus
- Working knowledge and application of Illinois DOT design standards beneficial
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and practice proactive time management.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
As team members, benefits-eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Remote/Hybrid Work Arrangement
- Profit Sharing
- Education Assistance
- Health, Dental, Life, and LTD Insurance
- Paid Sick Time
- 401K Program
- Paid Holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work full-time in the United States. Currently is not providing visa sponsorship.
Do not hesitate to apply!
📞: (214) 666-5057