LVI are working with an established, award winning building envelope consulting firm who are looking for a talented Building Envelope Consultant to join their growing team of professionals in Austin, Texas.
Unlike other companies in this industry, my client pride themselves in going above and beyond in the investment they make in their employees, for example supporting individuals studying for licenses and credentials to having regular progress meetings to see how they can help consultants achieve their professionals goals. They also emphasize the cultural fit for each consultant, by ensuring everyone has the flexibility and autonomy to complete their work whilst maintaining their work-life balance, as well as promoting company socials and community outreach days.
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture-induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
- At least 2 years building envelope restoration experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, and design repair.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!