Job Title: Sr. Energy Consultant
This position allows for a hybrid work schedule with a mix of work spent in office and working remote from home.
This position is being added to support continued growth of the Consulting group, which regularly provides technical and financial due diligence, planning and advisory services, asset transaction support, project development services, and owner's engineering services; primarily within the energy sector. This position will require a great deal of face-to-face interaction with utilities, power project developers, investors, technology companies, and financial institutions during the execution of consulting services work for the firm.
- Prepare financial models for planned new energy projects, including feasibility studies, asset transactions, project development, and capital budgeting
- Perform due diligence evaluations of power projects, including greenfield projects, refinancing, and acquisitions
- Develop operation and maintenance cost estimates for existing power plants and proposed capital improvements
- Perform feasibility studies for proposed power projects or to compare alternative power plant technologies and cogeneration
- Prepare economic evaluations to assess potential power plant retirements and/or replacements
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or engineering, with five or more years of experience in the power industry, including:
- Financial modeling of power projects and energy infrastructure
- Technical knowledge in multiple power generation technologies - solar, battery energy storage, wind, nuclear, and thermal power
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Experience in calculating revenue requirements for existing and new power plants or T&D assets
- Long-term power supply and transmission planning project experience
- EV charging infrastructure, LNG projects, or desalination project experience
If interested, please feel free to apply!