When you re doing what you love and working with great people, work becomes less like a job, and more like a way of life.
Have been fostering growth and creativity for nearly 50 years. Our culture is one of collaboration and support. If you are passionate about your field, excited about learning then this could be the role for you.
Who are they?
An employee-owned, leading consulting engineering and environmental firm. They partner with hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries. They are sought out for our ideas, our creativity, and most of all, for the quality and character of our people.
New Jersey office is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer with at least ten to fifteen years of relevant experience beyond a college degree. Under supervision of senior staff, this individual will provide support to ongoing office and field work.
Office tasks may include: preparation of NJDEP Site Remediation Program remedial reports and work plans, review and interpretation of data; task and project planning and management; assistance with business development and preparation of proposals; client, subcontractor and regulatory agency interaction; development and implementation of remedial investigations and actions.
Activities may include: supervision and document performance of test borings and installation of groundwater monitoring and observation wells; collection of groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil, rock, soil vapor, and air samples; operation of air monitoring equipment; testing to evaluate groundwater aquifer characteristics; and remedial construction management. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain a wide range of experience.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Candidates will work on a variety of environmental projects throughout the region, but primarily in Northern New Jersey.
- Support environmental site assessments, remedial and pre-design investigations, test borings, well installations, environmental sampling of various media, aquifer testing, pilot tests, implementation of air monitoring programs, and technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Assist Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs) in preparing reports and documentation according to the New Jersey regulations and guidance documents.
- Conduct data management and analysis, prepare and review work plans and technical reports, and assist in preparation of presentations and proposals to clients and regulators.
- Develop investigation and remedial strategies for various types of sites and contaminants, and collaborate in the design and installation of remediation systems.
- Interact with subcontractors, clients and regulatory agency representatives.
- Assist with proposals and business development activities.
- Bachelor s degree in Environmental Science, Geology or Engineering; M.S. is a plus.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience preferably in environmental consulting.
- Excellent communication skills and technical report writing.
- Willingness to travel on temporary assignments as needed.
- Experience with software such as in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, EQuIS, Leapfrog Hydro, EVS, etc., is a plus.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training