A reputable environmental consulting firm specializing in providing comprehensive environmental solutions to clients across Pennsylvania is looking to add an Environmental Project Manager to their team. Our mission is to support sustainable practices, protect natural resources, and ensure regulatory compliance.
Job Summary: As an Environmental Project Manager, you will oversee and coordinate a variety of environmental projects, ranging from site assessments and remediation to permitting and compliance. Your role will involve managing project teams, liaising with clients and regulatory agencies, ensuring project deliverables are met, and maintaining high-quality standards. You will play a crucial role in guiding clients through complex environmental challenges and helping them achieve their environmental goals.
- Lead and manage environmental projects from initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to project scopes, timelines, and budgets.
- Coordinate with clients, regulatory agencies, and internal stakeholders to establish project objectives, requirements, and milestones.
- Conduct site assessments, environmental impact assessments, and feasibility studies to identify potential environmental risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Oversee remediation activities, including soil and groundwater remediation, waste management, and hazardous materials handling.
- Develop and implement environmental sampling plans, oversee data collection, and interpret results to assess environmental conditions and compliance.
- Prepare and review technical reports, proposals, and permit applications to ensure accuracy, compliance with regulations, and client satisfaction.
- Manage project budgets, monitor expenditures, and provide regular financial reports to stakeholders.
- Lead project teams, including environmental scientists, engineers, technicians, and subcontractors, providing guidance, support, and performance feedback.
- Ensure project activities are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations, such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) requirements.
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections to assess project progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective measures as needed.
- Foster and maintain positive client relationships, including regular communication, addressing client concerns, and seeking opportunities for additional business.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as an Environmental Project Manager, preferably in a consulting or environmental services firm.
- Solid understanding of environmental regulations, permitting processes, and compliance requirements in Pennsylvania.
- Strong knowledge of environmental assessment techniques, remediation strategies, and risk management practices.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to develop and execute project plans, manage resources, and deliver results within defined timelines and budgets.
- Proficiency in interpreting and applying federal and state environmental regulations, such as the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, with experience in leading multidisciplinary project teams.
- Proficiency in using environmental software, GIS tools, and data management systems.
- Professional certifications, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), are desirable.