- This person will work with a group of engineers, scientists, GIS experts, and planners to help develop and lead ecological/stream restoration research and designs.
- Physical field surveys of streams, evaluation of existing conditions, functional evaluations, generation of restoration design solutions, and supervision of environmental restoration construction will all necessitate field and office work.
- Assist in the planning of environmental restoration projects such as stream, floodplain, wetland, and shoreline restoration, to name a few.
- Producing design reports, construction plans, specifications, and budget projections.
- Conducting watershed evaluations and water quality monitoring as part of stormwater management and ecological restoration schemes
- Hydrologic and hydraulic evaluations for ecological restoration projects
- Collecting field data and collaborating with the project team, project managers, clients, and local communities (e.g. GPS data collection, geomorphic survey, etc.)
- To deliver world-class solutions, manage projects, and maintain relationships with clients.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, environmental science, hydrology, or a closely related discipline is necessary.
- 10+ years of experience handling ecological stream restoration projects as a consultant
- Exceptional knowledge of stream restoration, fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, stream ecology, and stream/watershed evaluation.
- Experience completing field work for geomorphic assessments, functional stream impact assessments, environmental restoration monitoring, and ecological restoration construction oversight, as well as expertise with CAD, Microstation, ArcGIS, and ESRI software.
- Ability to communicate verbally, in writing, and in an organized manner is required.
- In a team setting, the ability to work cooperatively and autonomously
- Working in physically challenging outdoor areas is an important part of my job.