During this role you will be required to
- Conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies, attorneys, private homeowners and property owners.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Research technical publications and literature in support of evaluations, and apply engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Experience with premises and walking surface investigations, product defect cases a plus.
- Local travel and inspections of homes, roofs and crawlspaces will be required.
The right candidate will be capable of doing the above as well as meeting the below criteria
- Bachelors in engineering or a closely related discipline (Required)
- Masters degree in engineering or a closely related discipline (Preferred)
- Over 10 years structural engineering experience with at least 3 years of direct forensic experience (Required)
- PE Licensed (Required)