LVI Associates are proudly partnered with an exceptional forensic engineering and building envelope consultancy firm in South Carolina. They get involved in complex, large loss projects and have won multiple awards for their company's culture.
The successful candidate will engage in projects including condition assessment, litigation support, construction claim analysis, and property loss investigations. The investigations include structural damage analysis, cause and origin determination, cost analysis, and insurance claim resolutions. These projects involve performing site visits, surveying and documenting observations, photographing, field report writing and sketching.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- On-site investigation, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, performance evaluation and field testing, and collecting data and samples
- Forensic investigations to determine the cause and origin of structural failure, both storm damage assessments and construction design defects
- Preparation of project deliverable, including but not limited to: proposals, analysis results, repair alternates, construction drawings, specifications, and technical reports
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organizations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering essential
- Master's Degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering desired
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- P.E. license is required
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication including strong people management skills and customer service focused.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service focus
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something a bit different, reach out to Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!