Fantastic opportunity for an experienced protection & control engineer looking to advance their career by working directly for a major renewable energy developer with a growing US presence and globally recognized international presence.
This is an exciting chance to be not only part of a US based team, but also work directly with other international offices across North America and Europe on challenging wind energy projects by providing protection & control engineering recommendations and solutions.
Your ideal background....
- Drive / enthusiasm to work directly for an international renewable energy developer.
- Previous employer experience directly from a utility and/or engineering consulting firm in the United States.
- Experience working on transmission level voltages ranging from 12 to 345kV, 500kV and above.
- Interest in working directly for a renewable energy developer and wind farm transmission & substation projects.
Technical knowledge / responsibilities desired...
- Lead initiatives responsible for the design of protective rely schemes, recommendation of settings, and transmission system protection for wind farms.
Familiarity with NERC standards & compliance.
- Comfortableness working with power systems studies including protection coordination studies, calculations, etc.
- Ability to be the liaison for system protection projects with other external consulting teams and utilities and divisions including civil engineering.
- Experience with breaker, transformer replacements, panel upgrades involving line protection, bus and transformer differentiation protection, breaker control, SCADA, substations and transmission.
- Bachelors OR Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET Accredited University.
**ALL APPLICANTS must be based in the US with at least 5 years of US experience in order to be considered.**