A multi-disciplined firm is seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Roadway Design Engineer for their North Carolina offices (candidates in the Raleigh, Hillsborough, Wilmington and Ashville area - please apply). As a Senior Roadway Design Engineer you will contribute to projects that will involve roadway/highway design, transportation management, municipal streets, and pedestrian facilities (greenways, multi-use trails).
- Prepare construction documents, specifications, reports and studies
- Assist with project/contracting scoping, fee development, contract negotiations, and execution
- Perform designs for all types of roadway infrastructure projects based on AASHTO, NCDOT, and/or local municipalities design standards and criteria
- Interact with clients and public agencies
- Prepare and participate in public meetings and presentations.
- Train and review work of support staff
- Assists with project pursuits in providing technical expertise on proposals and marketing meetings
- BSCE or BSCET degree with a minimum of 5 years of progressive design experience in all aspects of transportation design
- PE licensure or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Advance knowledge of and experience with Microstation, Geopack, Corridor Modeling and Open Roads
- Knowledge and experience of NCDOT design standards and practices and experience in project development workflow
- Experience in managing and organizing multiple tasks and related disciplines
- Ability to train support staff